Fashion’s Night Out 2012 Model Edition: Karlie Kloss at DKNY, Coco Rocha at Longchamp, Kate Upton at Michael Kors and More
The 4th annual Fashion’s Night Out brought out the fashionistas, the celebs, the designers, and best of all, the models you know from the runways and the ad campaigns.
Whether it was a Victoria’s Secret Angel (Alessandra Ambrosio) the All-American “It” girl (Karlie Kloss) or a social media guru (Kate Upton), these models partied with the best of ‘em and promoted their favorite products for a night filled with fashion and fun.
Fashion’s Night Out began in 2009 as an initiative by American Vogue’s Anna Wintour to jumpstart the economy during the global recession. The movement spread to 19 countries and is now in its 4th year.
FashionTV was in New York City from Diane von Furstenberg in the Meatpacking District to Calvin Klein on Madison Ave., getting the lowdown on your favorite runway models as they made appearances for Fashion’s Night Out on the first night of New York Fashion Week Spring 2013. Let’s see where the models went and what they did:
Karlie Kloss at Juicy Couture, DKNY
Wearing a pair of golden foil pants, top model Karlie Kloss made an appearance at Juicy Couture selling her Karlie’s Kookies, a gluten-free oatmeal cookie for $5, with proceeds to provide meals for children, courtesy of FEED, the group co-founded by designer/model Lauren Bush who’s grandfather is George Bush and who’s father-in-law is Ralph Lauren. Later, Karlie Kloss made a stop at DKNY to sell her gluten-free delights, where she was joined by model pals Jourdan Dunn, Cara Delevingne, Daria Strokous and Toni Garrn.
Coco Rocha at Longchamp
Coco Rocha is sitting out this fashion week, which would have been her 17th season, to film The Face, a new show on the Oxygen channel with Rocha judging alongside fashion heavyweights Karolina Kurkova and Naomi Campbell. The show is hosted by fashion photographer Nige Barker. Luckily, we got a glimpse of Coco Rocha at Longchamp and Diesel, where she premiered two ad campaigns she recently starred in--one of which includes a bike!
Karen Elson at Calvin Klein
The question isn’t who was at the Calvin Klein event on Madison Avenue...the question is who WASN’T?? Celebs, singers, photographers, Olympic swimmers, basketball players, and more packed it in to the boutique and at one point Vogue grabbed a picture with models Hanne Gaby Odiele, Zuzanna Bijoch, Daria Strokous, and Kasia Struss. Model-turned-blogger Hanneli Mustaparta and singer/model Karen Elson, were also there posing alongside basketball player Dwayne Wade, actress Gabrielle Union, and Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte.
Here’s what else we spotted:
- Though she had a baby not too long, Alessandra Ambrosio is back to working for the brand that made her a household name. Victoria’s Secret fans got to meet the Brazilian model, when she turned up at the Victoria’s Secret in SoHo.
- Kate Upton was on hand at the Michael Kors boutique where she wore a form fitting turquoise dress and judged a karaoke contest alongside Twilight’s Nikki Reed and the designer himself.
- Maybelline threw a party in its Meatpacking District store with a sneak preview of its new mascara and a chance to meet Maybelline spokesmodels Erin Wasson, Charlotte Free, and Shu Pei Qin.
- Liu Wen hung out at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Karolina Kurkova popped over to Rag & Bone.
- Aline Weber hung out at Isabel Marant.