London 2012 Olympics Fashion News Wrap-Up
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London end today, but the athletes are still connecting to the fashion personalities. Check out some of the great Olympics-inspired fashion news.
- American gold medalist, Ryan Lochte, may be one of the US’s greatest swimmers, but his fashion is coming to the forefront, thanks to all the offers he’s getting from companies around the world. Current offers include a line of his own menswear, a video with Will Ferrell and several TV spots. The sexy swimmer told to The Hollywood Reporter that he would be more than happy to take part in “Dancing With The Stars,” and maybe compete against his favorite American gold medalist – Michael Phelps.
- While Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt was busy winning gold, another Jamaican sprinter was busy being inspected by the International Olympic Committee. Yohan Blake was investigated due to a super-expensive accessory he wore during one of the races. Blake was wearing a $500,000 watch by Richard Mille, instead of a timepiece by Omega, the official watch company of the games. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Blake is planning to become the brand’s spokesperson once the games are over?
- New fashion designer Victoria Beckham is going back in time and becoming one of the Spice Girls once more. She will get her chance at the Olympics' Closing Ceremony. The audience – millions of viewers from all around the world. It’s a reunion of On stage: a one-time reunion for the girl group of top British pop culture proportions!
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell will be hosting the Olympics closing ceremony and sharing the stage with some of Great Britain's greatest fashion icons, such as: Kate Moss, Vivienne Westwood and Georgia May Jagger. "It is a very special and proud time to be in London and to celebrate the outstanding talent, which has been showcased during the games. I wish everyone taking part in London 2012 continued strength, determination and perseverance for the remainder of the games,” Campbell told Hollywood.com
- London 2012 was the most fashionable Olympic Games ever. Top designers such as Stella McCartney, Armani, Ralph Lauren and Ferragamo made designer clothing and accessories especially for athletes, and set a new standard for fashion at the Olympics. London 2012 was definitely the world’s greatest fashion event of the year. Will fashion go even further in Rio de Janeiro in 2016? We’ll find out in 4 years.