Who, What, and Where to be on Fashion’s Night Out 2012
Get your pen and paper at the ready. Today is a HUGE date in the fashion calendar, and FashionTV is on the scene to catch all the action, as stores all over New York and 500 cities around the world open their doors to celebrate the fourth-annual Fashion’s Night Out extravaganza.
From the Empire State building being illuminated in red to Roberto Cavalli’s specially-designed FNO accessories to exclusive Prada candy, and Burberry’s FNO “trench,” tonight’s worldwide shopping extravaganza is set to take-off with a fashion bang! Hit the streets wherever you are, shop at night, and do some good -- as this major fashion event will benefit different organizations in each country.
FashionTV has compiled a list of the hottest, must-see and must-be-seen events happening across the Big Apple and the world!
NYC Hit List:
- DKNY: Join Lauren Bush Lauren and supermodel Karlie Kloss for a special shopping event at the West Broadway store between 6-10 p.m. The event features DKNY x FEED and the launch of Karlie’s Kookies, a partnership with Kloss and Momofuku Milk Bar, which will be served by supermodels Jourdan Dunn and Toni Garrn.
- Victoria’s Secret (SoHo): Stay up late with Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio and the fashion glitterati and have your photo taken with the Angel between 7-10 p.m. There will also be eye and lip makeovers available.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Sip free cocktails at this hot celebrity hangout tonight, where Guest DJ Solange Knowles will hit the decks, Vogue Editor Meredith Melling Burke will style, and MAC makeup artists will be at the touch-up ready, and “Girls” star Allison Williams will be joining celebrations at the Meatpacking District store.
- Barneys: Join Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Narciso Rodriguez, and rumour has it Alexander Wang, at the timeless store which will be turned into a buzzing street fair.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: A whos who turnout in the fashion world expected, with Oscar de la Renta on hand to celebrate his new fragrance launch; with guest appearances from Glee star Darren Kriss, Erin Fetherston, Rebecca Minkoff, and more.
- Vera Wang: Meet the designer at her Mercer St. boutique who will be co-hosting with Gossip Girl's famed costume designer, Eric Daman. Get the inside scoop on what Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen will be wearing during the show's last season.
But, it’s not just all about the East Coast, hot FNO events are happening all across the country.
Taylor Swift/ Beiber FNO promo:
London Hit List:
Join fashion-forward Londoners to celebrate this monumental event, where luxury fashion houses on Bond Street, Sloane street, and Central London will throw open their doors and invite the world to party fashionista-style.
- Westfield: Head down to Westfield London where Yasmine Le Bon, Amber Le Bon and Lizzy Jagger will walk the runway from 7pm in the Atrium and be showered with fashion treats.
- Aspinal of London, Brook Street: Are you an aspiring model? If so, head down to this store and quick! Top model agency Models 1 will be scouring the guests exclusively for one lucky winner to be a part of their SS13 campaign.
- Matthew Williamson, Bruton Street: Join Sienna MIller’s best friend and British designer Williamson at a showcase of his summer collection, where top models will be parading in swimwear amidst a poolside backdrop.
- Liberty: This will be one of the hottest places to be seen this evening, with Jonathan Saunders running a live photobooth, Richard Nicoll making personal appearance, and the Duchess of Cambridge's favourite designer Roksanda Ilincic signing hand drawn sketches of her Autumn/Winter 2012 collection.
- Mulberry: Join British Vogue Editor Alexandra Sulman at this super-stylish party with Mulberry's Creative Director Emma Hill. Rumoured guests include British fashionista Alexa Chung, and more.
Milan Hit List:
Shops around Milan’s fashion district - Via Montenapoleone, Via Manzoni, Via della Spiga, and Corso Como - will be open from 7-11:30 p.m, where you will get a chance to meet, mingle, and party with some of the worlds leading Milanese talents in fashion design and shop the one off items created for the event.
- Roberto Cavalli: Pick up a limited edition tote bag to celebrate this year's FNO, at the store in Milan. You’re almost certain to bump into a bevy of style gurus waiting to snap-up this exclusive, and cheap (60 EUR!) feel-good leopard print bag.
- Lavazza: Italy’s world-famed coffee house is doing something truly special. Marni ,Roberto Cavalli , Missoni, Etro, Versace, and Moschino have designed special, limited-edition sustainable coffee boxes. Proceeds will be donated to Fashion 4 Development.
- The Biffi Boutique: Will present some emerging fashion designers, who won this year’s edition of the competition “Who Is On Next?” Head down to take a look at Italy’s top emerging talents, before the rest of the world! You never know, you might meet the next Dolce & Gabbana!
Paris Hit List:
Paris, will open its fashion doors this year on rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, rue Saint-Honoré, rue Royale, and Place de la Madeleine. But, as is common with the Parisian fashion scene, it comes with exclusivity. The event is invitation-only, reserved for private clients and Vogue Paris readers, so make sure you got your invite in the September issue.
Celeb FNO promo:
Where will you be tonight? London? Milan? New York? Paris?